Tuesday, February 25, 2014

El Camino

238 S 4th St, Columbus, OH 43215
(614) 220-8877


Sometimes you just need a good taco, burrito and a splash of tequila. Downtown, right next to Dirty Franks, exists an essential Columbus restaurant- Little Palace. As an extension of Little Palace, is El Camino, a quite little watering whole with a decent vibe and small affordable menu. 

The room is dark, and dressed in dark colors highlighted by light wood tones. A heavy bar takes up most of the restaurant, with a few small tables occupying the far wall. Unfortunately due to darkness of the restaurant (and my hatred of using my flash in dark places) I have no pictures for this post. 

There was no wait to get into the next to empty room, a few fellows sat at the bar- obviously having had a drink or two. Brandon ordered a bloody mary that had quite a bit of beer in it, thin and spicy. I ordered a paloma; a lovely sweet mixture of jarritos and tequila- delicious in all accounts. 

We pigged out when it came for food, ordering chips with guac, burritos, gorditos, tacos, and a tostada. With the chips came guacamole and a small bowl of salsa, the salsa was far too watery and bland, clearly the guacamole was favored. Of all of the other options, the clear winner from the menu was the burrito: large and filling- the rice was great! All of the other options were fine, but strongly relied on the meat chosen to fill each. A rather generic selection of  bland shredded beef and equally drab pork, we favored the chorizo for its smokey heat. 

I'd love to go back to El Camino on a Tuesday night just to see if their fish selection is a better offering than their standard selection. I doubt that I'd find myself going downtown, specifically, for El Camino. However, if I was in the area, I wouldn't hesitate for a quick bite. I know for sure that next time I'm grabbing a pitcher of Paloma. 

Keep Eating,
JTFussy

No comments:

Post a Comment