Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Impero


849 N High St, Columbus, OH 43215
(614) 294-2489

Impero coffee is a staple of the Short North scene. I can recall ever since I moved to Columbus initially that people are always meeting up for a cup of life juice. Strangely enough, I had never been (le gasp).

I have been meaning to change this for the longest time, but coffee shops really haven't been my thing. So when a few of my friends invited me out for a cup, I had initial hesitation, but I ended up deciding to go.

I knew right where it was on high street, so I headed off and found the place to be surprisingly calm and next to empty. In general it must be said that the place felt old, with a sort of crummy vibe to it. I had walked past many times and just expected more from the interior- perhaps more chic styling, a stronger smell of roasted beans, some hipster music in the background.

The standard drink for comparison in my books is the cappuccino. Simple and present across the board of most every coffee shop. My was hot, and the java was tasty, notes of citrus and nuts rang with each sip. A very enjoyable cup, but it could have used a heavier dollop of foam for me (but I am a foam fanatic). My service-ware was in good shape, however my friends scone plate had a rather large chip missing.

Besides some freshening up, and replacing a few chipped dishes- impero was a very comfortable place with good coffee. Not a single vibe of pretentiousness, instead more signs of acceptance. So if you find yourself in the area take a stab at it, probably won't replace your regular spot, but you never know.


Keep Eating,
JTFussy

No comments:

Post a Comment